Re: Dealing with disturbing content

Jerry Notaro (notaro@bayflash.stpt.usf.edu)
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:29:19 -0800 (PST)

Jessica Rosner wrote:

> Needless to say it is a slippery slope from removing Requiem for a Dream
> to removing Triumph of the Will or American Beauty
> But here are my favorite "censorship" experiences

One of mine:

When I was in a small, Indiana town I visited the video collection of the local
public library often. As is all to often the case, collection development for
media was done by a paraprofessional because no librarian wanted the job. When I
asked her if she was going to get Personal Best, which I had been waiting for,
she said no. After all, I am a mother," she said. My reply was, "Yes, but your
not MY mother."

Jerry