RE: double-sided vs. single-sided DVDs

Zerkow, Syma - HPL (Syma.Zerkow@cityofhouston.net)
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:49:54 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for suggesting DVDEmpire. In their product description for most of
the DVDs, the information is given where it says "disc." The codes seem to
be SS-SL (single-sided, single-layer), SS-DL (single-sided, double-layer),
DS-SL (double-sided, single-layer), and DS-DL (double-sided,
double-layered).

I have also been in contact with Baker & Taylor from whom we buy most of our
DVDs and they tell me that the trend is towards more double-sided.

Syma

-----Original Message-----
From: therndo2@gmu.edu [mailto:therndo2@gmu.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 3:20 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: double-sided vs. single-sided DVDs

Some DVD's also have this information printed on the reverse of the
package w/ a note as to which side each version is on. Dvdempire allows
you to view and explode both the front and rear of the package, so this
might work too.

Thomas E. Herndon
Multimedia and Interdisciplinary Programs Librarian
Johnson Center Library
George Mason University
703-993-9047
703-993-9063 (fax)