Re: double-sided vs. single-sided DVDs

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:49:23 -0800 (PST)

Some of the online sources like amazon and dvdplanet will tell you if the
disc contains both a widescreen and "full frame" version of the film, but
I haven't found any listings that specifically say 2-sided, and it
appears to be possible to put both versions on one side of a disc, which
you then select as you would subtitles (the only one I personally have
seen that works this way is the Brenda Blethyn comedy "Saving Grace").
Bottom line: this isn't a guaranteed way but it might help.
A lot of series come on 2-sided discs too, like "American Cinema",
"Cinema Europe: The Other Hollywood", etc.

--
John Holland
Librarian