Re: videos wanted: "Eunuchs","The Salt Mines","Two Spirit

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:56:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi

The Salt Mines is available from Third World Newsreel
http://www.twn.org/

Two spirit people was at one time distributed by Frameline
http://www.frameline.org/
You might contact them

Can't see that Eunuchs is in US distribution...

At 08:37 AM 2/22/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>We purchased "Two Spirit People: The Berdache Tradition in Native American
>Culture" through Frameline http://www.frameline.org/
>
>"Shanoian, Jonathan" wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> > I wonder if anyone can provide information on obtaining these
> > titles, preferably on VHS video:
> >
> > "Eunuchs- India's Third Gender" by Michael Yorke, 1991,
> > apparently through BBC-Under the Sun
> >
> > "The Salt Mines" by Susanna Aikin and Carlos
> > Aparicio, 1990
> >
> > "Two Spirit People: The Berdache Tradition in Native American
> > Culture" by Levy, Beauchemin and Vogel, 1991, apparently
> > through Gender on a Stick
> >
> > Productions (sorry, I don't know them)
> >
> > Thank you, I'm very grateful for any information you can provide.
> >
> > Jonathan Shanoian
> > IRT/Media Services
> > William Paterson University
> > 300 Pompton Road
> > Wayne, NJ 07470
> > 973-720-2308
> > shanoianj@wpunj.edu
>
>--
>Debra Gilman, Librarian
>Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design
>1399 Johnston Street
>Vancouver, BC V6H 3R9
>PHONE: (604) 844-3807 FAX: (604) 844-3801

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000