RE: Books on disc

Schauer, Amy (ASchauer@ci.west-linn.or.us)
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:20:08 -0800 (PST)

We've found the best quality cases from Recorded Books (they sell empty
cases in addition to books on CD and tape), 1-800-638-1304. Their compact,
box-shaped cases hold up well in heat and cold, and inside they work as
2-ring binders - the discs fit into sleeves that can be changed out as
needed without throwing out the whole case. That modular design has allowed
us to fit even very long books into an album. Adapting the cover art to fit
the case has been our only occasional challenge.

Hope that helps,
Amy E. S. Schauer
Events / Audio-Visual Librarian
West Linn Public Library
1595 Burns Street
West Linn, Oregon 97068
ph.: 503.656.7853 ext. 18
fax: 503.656.2746

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Dexter [mailto:mdexter@ald.lib.co.us]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 10:37 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Books on disc

Not exactly video, but has anyone found a source for a vinyl (or
otherwise) case that will hold 20 discs? The largest I can find is 16
and those extra 4 discs won't fit. We have a repair to do on Hearts in
Atlantis, and Simon & Schuster tells me they don't have an extra case.
This comes up every once in a while and it would be great to have some
of these large cases on hand if they can be found. Thanks for your help!

Mary Dexter
Arapahoe Library District