Re: low circ of nonfiction videos in public libraries?

Paul Duckworth (pauld@mail.sgcl.org)
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:41:05 -0800 (PST)

My library has nine branches and serves a population of 200,000+.
Videos are extrememly popular here. There is heavy use of the
791.43s, the theatrical release "movies." Beyond that, greatest
interest, in this order, is: exercise, fitness, travel, health,
National Geographic, foreign films, PBS, AAE, war, plays, opera.
We chose to stay away from the MacArthur collection, due to cost
and limited audience appeal.

We do not attempt to be a competitor to local video rental stores,
other than in children's entertainment, classics, and major
Academy Award winners.

I can be more specific if you'd like to contact me off the list.
Hope this helps.

Paul Duckworth
Collection Development Coordinator
Springfield-Greene County Library (MO)