RE: VRT Notable Videos for Adults Commmittee

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:11:50 -0800 (PST)

Hello Rue and congratulations!!

Yes, yes, I would love to serve on the committee or be a volunteer.

Monique Threatt
Librarian for Reference and Media
Indiana University-Bloomington
Bloomington, IN 474708

-----Original Message-----
From: rherbert@lib.usf.edu [mailto:rherbert@lib.usf.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 4:53 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: VRT Notable Videos for Adults Commmittee

Hi. I'm Rue Herbert, the new chair of the ALA Video Round Table Notable
Videos for Adults Committee. At this time, the committee has several
openings for membership. This is a great opportunity to serve on a
rewarding and enjoyable professional committee at the national level.

The membership of the committee should represent all types of libraries and
media centers that serve adults. Members of the committee must be members
of the American Library Association and the Video Round Table. Please note
that representatives or employees of video producers or distributors may not
serve.

Members are expected to attend both ALA Annual and ALA Midwinter. Midwinter
is an imperative commitment, as that is the conference where the final
annual list of notable titles is developed. A substantial amount of video
previewing time will be required from members. Each member will serve a
term of two years, with a maximum number of terms not to exceed two, for a
total of four years of service.

For complete information about the committee and the Notables process and
lists, please go the web site at http://www.ala.org/vrt/criteria.html. If
you are interested in volunteering for the committee, please respond
directly to me prior to Friday, February 22, 2002 if at all possible.
Please indicate your ability to commit to both ALA Midwinter and Annual, and
include additional information regarding your experience with videos (i.e.,
selection/collection development, reviewing, etc.).

Hope to hear from some of you soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me
if you have any questions.

Rue

Rue Herbert
Head, Library Media Center