RE: DVD defects

Jaeschke, Myles (mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org)
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:38:29 -0800 (PST)

We experimented DVDfender too, they just didn't work very well. We don't
use them any longer.

Best Regards,
Myles
Tulsa City County Library
Film Librarian

-----Original Message-----
From: Fischmurph@aol.com [mailto:Fischmurph@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 4:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: DVD defects

--part1_11c.c4ea06c.299c414f_boundary

I recently purchased DVD defenders - those plastic coverings applied to the
data side of the DVD to prevent scratches. Patron complaints about
dysfunctional results have caused me to remove them from all DVDs - now no
complaints and the DVDs play perfectly. Has anyone else experienced this
problem - these are, after all, not supposed to interfere with playability
but to protect the disc?!

--part1_11c.c4ea06c.299c414f_boundary

I recently purchased DVD defenders - those plastic coverings applied to the data side of the DVD to prevent scratches.  Patron complaints about dysfunctional results have caused me to remove them from all DVDs - now no complaints and the DVDs play perfectly.  Has anyone else experienced this problem - these are, after all, not supposed to interfere with playability but to protect the disc?! --part1_11c.c4ea06c.299c414f_boundary--