RE: Audiovisual Weeding Policy

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:51:27 -0800 (PST)

CREW guidelines are being retyped. I'll send them out to whoever wants them
via an attached word document. Apparently there is a book you can buy, here
is the info:

Boon, B. The CREW Method: Expanded Guidelines for Collection Evaluation and
Weeding for Small and Medium-Sized Public Libraries. Austin, TX: Texas State
Library, 1995.

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of tcarwile@suite101.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 1:58 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Audiovisual Weeding Policy

Hello,

I am a new audiovisual librarian. (Two weeks on the job.) Although I have
been a librarian for over eleven years, this is my first experience heading
an AV department. I have many questions. This first of which is: What does
CREW stand for? Who produces these guidelines? Are these guidelines geared
to the public library AV collection?

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Tina Carwile, Audiovisual Librarian
Carson Regional Library