Why I want PPR for "Fitzcarraldo"

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 08:33:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kris and Jessica and Peter and anyone else who's following this,

Yes, I'm in the U.S. I don't need PPR for classroom showings, but this is
for something different. Jessica knows what I'm up to with my attempt to
find PPR distributors for "Fitzcarraldo" and other titles. I've rented Kino
films from her under the same circumstances.

I have a professor who's teaching a course called The Art of the Cinema.
She asks us to show each film 3 times. One time is when she uses parts of
it during her class discussion. We don't need PPR for that. However, on the
day before each class meeting, the film is shown all the way through 2
times. Her students are required to attend one of the showings, and in
addition, the films are advertised as being open to the entire college,
without admission charge. We do need PPR for these public showings. If I
can't get PPR for a film, she might decide to use it for her course anyway,
but the showings will be only for her own students, and she just won't
advertise anything for that particular date.

So, that's why I'm looking for PPR. Now does it make sense?
Marilyn

At 07:16 AM 2/6/02 -0800, Kris Brancolini wrote:
>Just so we don't the usual misunderstanding regarding the need for public
>performance rights, I want to clarify that Marilyn doesn't say why she is
>seeking them....
>
>On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jessica Rosner wrote:
>
> > Peter
> > Marilyn has a copy of the film ( put out by Anchor Bay) but she needs
> Public
> > Performance Rights....

Audiovisual Classroom Services
408 Christian A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu