Re: re"The Dutchess of Malfi"

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:04:56 -0800 (PST)

You neglected to mention that production you saw in Chicago also starred Ian
McKellan as the villain and Edward Petherbridge as the bishop brother. It was a
knockout and still ranks as one of the best productions of ANYTHING I have ever
seen in the theater. They did a "Cherry Orchard" during the same season of the
late lamented Chicago Int'l Theater Festival with all the same actors which
likewise remains a touchstone for Chekhov productions for me. Where are the
video cameras when you need them???

--
John Holland
Librarian