RE: War in film

Gregory Callahan (gregory_callahan@hotmail.com)
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 07:40:51 -0800 (PST)

You will no doubt find an embarrassment of riches--especially in viewing
Gary Handman's link, but speaking of the sub-set of films dealing with the
effect of war on children, how about "Forbidden Games"?

BTW the question of influence on public opinion is a tough one. Did the
"pro-war" films of the WWII era bolster public support of the effort? Well,
probably, but they might be more accurately be described as being a
by-product of the country's overall mood to begin with. It might be hard to
point to any given film as shaping public opinion in any event.

Same would be true of the "anti-war" films of the Viet Nam and post-Viet Nam
eras.

Greg Callahan