RE: War in film

Trent Nicholas (Tnicholas@vmfa.state.va.us)
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:29:49 -0800 (PST)

Shoulder Arms (Chaplin)
All Quiet On the Western Front
Grand Illusion
The Errol Flynn Charge of the Light Brigade (which probably stirred more
people than the BBC version)
Sergeant York
Air Force
Best Years of Our Lives
Sands of Iwo Jima
Hiroshima Mon Amour
The Alamo
The Dirty Dozen
The Green Berets
Johnny Got His Gun
Kelly's Heroes
Apoc. Now
Platoon
Glory
Pearl Harbor

And WWII documentaries by Frank Capra, John Ford, George Stevens, and/or
John Huston
And B war movies such as by Sam Fuller or even newer cheesy ones like Delta
Force
And any Indian War/Cavalry movie: Fort Apache, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, or
even The Searchers

To name a few.

Trent Nicholas