RE: Shoah redux

Milos Stehlik (milos@interaccess.com)
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:41:16 -0800 (PST)

Since I am apparently the only one on this list OLD enough to remember, the
chronology is this: PARAMOUNT was the FIRST to release SHOAH on video.
Whether they had it theatrically I don't know. Then Paramount lost the
rights and Shoah was out of release for some years. SHOAH was then picked up
by New Yorker and re-released a little over a year ago.

Therefore the point of light should most definitely point to New Yorker
Films (212 247 6110)

Milos Stehlik
Facets Video

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 1:59 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Shoah redux

John
I would check this it is VERY VERY VERY unlikely that New Yorker would ever
have allowed Paramount to sell it with PPR. They are just about fanatics on
this. I am sure they can license it to you know but I would be SHOCKED in
Paramount ever had the rights to sell a PPR copy

--
Jessica Rosner
Kino International