Re: experimental cinema

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:01:07 -0800 (PST)

There is a "series" of videos put out by Video Yesteryear which includes a
variety of early avant-garde classics (Chien anadalou, Entr'acte, Man Ray
stuff, etc), but I have never seen them in a box, and the random assignment of
volume numbers suggests that many have either gone out of print or never made
it. Facets lists them in its Visual Arts catalog. The more recent filmmakers
(relatively speaking) like Deren and Anger seem to be available only as
individual videos devoted to their own films (also in Facets catalog).

--
John Holland
Librarian