Re: depressing item of the day

R. Hertzler (rhertz@u.washington.edu)
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:58:35 -0800 (PST)

Yes, it's a very sad story, but we're all (speaking for WA state
librarians, at least) hopeful that the legislature won't support the
governor's proposal to close the Washington State Library. It's too bad
so many folks are under the impression that "it's all out there on the
Internet for free, anyway"; otherwise, we might hear more protest. People
don't know what they've got until it's gone . . .

Randy Hertzler
Reference & Instructional Librarian
Media Services Coordinator
University of Washington Libraries, Seattle