Russian DVD collection (fwd)

R. Hertzler (rhertz@u.washington.edu)
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:00:27 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Videolibbers! One of our Slavic Studies people is interested in
putting some special funds toward a collection of some 120 Russian motion
pictures on DVD being offered by an association called RUSCICO (Russian
Cinema Council). Info on the organization and collection is available at:

http://www.ruscico.com/about_eng.php

Do any of you have experience with these folks, their products, or have
heard anything about them? It's a big chunk of change (and shelf space!),
and I honestly can't say I've ever heard of these folks. Any insight
would be most welcome! Thanks,

Randy Hertzler
University of Washington Libraries

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:26:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Biggins <mbiggins@u.washington.edu>
To: Randal J. Hertzler <rhertz@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Russian DVD collection

Randy, I'm considering using a recent cash donation to Slavic to buy a set
of some 120 Russian feature film DVDs, marketed by something called the
Russian Cinema Council.

Would you mind casting your experienced eye at their information at
http://www.ruscico.com/index.html, and letting me know if you find
anything disconcerting there, particularly in their specs?

Thanks.

Michael Biggins
Slavic & East European Section

tel. 206.543.5588