Russian DVD collection (fwd)

R. Hertzler (
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:00:27 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Videolibbers! One of our Slavic Studies people is interested in
putting some special funds toward a collection of some 120 Russian motion
pictures on DVD being offered by an association called RUSCICO (Russian
Cinema Council). Info on the organization and collection is available at:

Do any of you have experience with these folks, their products, or have
heard anything about them? It's a big chunk of change (and shelf space!),
and I honestly can't say I've ever heard of these folks. Any insight
would be most welcome! Thanks,

Randy Hertzler
University of Washington Libraries

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:26:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Biggins <>
To: Randal J. Hertzler <>
Subject: Russian DVD collection

Randy, I'm considering using a recent cash donation to Slavic to buy a set
of some 120 Russian feature film DVDs, marketed by something called the
Russian Cinema Council.

Would you mind casting your experienced eye at their information at, and letting me know if you find
anything disconcerting there, particularly in their specs?

Michael Biggins
Slavic & East European Section

tel. 206.543.5588
fax. 206.685.8049