Re: Handling Old Films

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:03:13 -0800 (PST)

Sounds like vinegar syndrome. If they smell really bad, they will infect
other films. My advice is to get rid of them. Find out from your
institution how they want you to handle disposal. I hope they are not
really rare...

Oksana

At 09:35 AM 1/22/02 -0800, you wrote:

>--Boundary_(ID_9785sNffuRnymv977vNvtg)
>
> Our library has just begun to inventory some old 16mm films that have
>been in storage for some time. I wonder whether anyone could offer
>advice as to how these materials should be handled; it is difficult to
>work with them because of the strong fumes they give off.
> Thank you very much.
> Darla Moore
> Olin Library, Rollins College
>

>--Boundary_(ID_9785sNffuRnymv977vNvtg)
>
>begin:vcard
>n:Moore;Darla
>x-mozilla-html:FALSE
>org:Rollins College;Olin Library
>adr:;;;;;;
>version:2.1
>title:Acquisitions Supervisor
>fn:Darla Moore
>end:vcard
>
>--Boundary_(ID_9785sNffuRnymv977vNvtg)--

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-335, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8