RE: swing shift maisie/old olympic ads

Pat McGee (pmcgee@tntech.edu)
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:37:53 -0800 (PST)

Swing Shift Maisie, 1943 with Ann Sothern was released in the UK as The Girl
in the Overalls. Doesn't look as though it was ever remastered for sale.
You may possibly be able to rent it.
Pat McGee
Coordinator of Media Services
Tennessee Technological University

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Katherine Baer
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:25 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: swing shift maisie/old olympic ads

2 questions:

1)
Does anyone know were I might purchase a copy of the film "Swing Shift
Maisie"? It was released in 1943 and starred Ann Southern. And/or is anyone
familiar to a reference to "A Girl in Overalls" in any type of wartime
production?

2)
Is there an archive that contains old olympic ads from the 70's and prior.
We are looking to references to official sponsors; e.g. "the official sewing
machine of the 19-- olympics..." (there actually was one)

thanks for any help possible

Katherine Baer
Broadcast Librarian
National Public Radio