Re: Motion Picture Guide

Marc Sober (msober@mail.pratt.lib.md.us)
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:07:55 -0800 (PST)

--------------6133E4112969DE331F719760

Mike,
Unless things have changed recently, The Motion Picture Guide, is the database

that is used on the TV Guide site (http://www.tvguide.com/movies/) as the
Cinebooks Database. I use it fairly often, and our Humanities Dept. has a set
of the hard copy. As the TV Guide contract with Cinebooks seems to be open to

renegotiation (for awhile the Advanced search feature was dropped), the web
access may not always be there, so I can't really advise whether purchasing
the new work might be worth it or not.

See you at ALA.

Marc

Mike Boedicker wrote:

> Has anyone used Jay Robert Nash's multi-volume Motion Picture Guide? It's
> being replaced with the "Master Directory of Motion Pictures," to be
> published in November 2002, which I might buy. If you own the previous
> guide, does it get much use? The new edition looks good but the price is
> rather steep for a smallish public library ($350). Thanks.
>
> Mike
>
> Mike Boedicker
> Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
> Danville Public Library
> 319 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832
> (217) 477-5223 ext. 123 / Fax: (217) 477-5230
> mboedicker@hotmail.com
> http://www.danville.lib.il.us

--------------6133E4112969DE331F719760

begin:vcard
n:Sober;Marc
tel;fax:(410)545-7517
tel;work:(410)396-4616
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.epfl.net/slrc/sas/
org:Enoch Pratt Free Library;Audio-Visual Department (Sights & Sounds)
adr:;;400 Cathedral St.;Baltimore;MD;21201;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:msober@epfl.net
title:Manager
fn:Marc Sober