Re: Eire-land on Film and Video

Joan Goodwin (mediasup@library.sdsu.edu)
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:21:56 -0800 (PST)

--=====================_11694833==_.ALT

The Irish Empire is a 5-part series that get good marks from patrons.
History of Irish Music & Dance/ 2 parts, the first being a surprisingly
well done history. The second tape is performance.
Irish National Parks covers 5 different parks, with detail on flora & fauna.
Home away from home: The Yanks in Ireland is a doc. on American servicemen
in N. Ireland during WWII.
The Irish in America & The Irish in America: the long journey home
Far away from the Shamrock Shore: History of Irish Music in America

And just in case:

We teach a course in Post-Colonial Irish Film/Literature here.
Some of the feature films that have been used:
The Dead
Angela's Ashes
Waking Ned Devine
Doyle's Barrytown trilogy: The Commitments/The Snapper/The Van
My Left Foot
The Last September
The Field
The Butcher Boy