Re: Brave New World

Madeline Copp (mcopp@jhu.edu)
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:12:22 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleagues,

I'd like to add my "Buyer Beware" voice to Jessica's about buying videos
via ebay . One of our faculty members wanted a copy of the original King
Kong in Japanese - our really wonderful video person found a copy on ebay,
we made the bid (a fairly large sum of money), got it, and found out it was
misrepresented on ebay (it was a dubbed version which we already own). Of
course, we should have/could have been more careful and will be in the
future, but it was a disappointment.

I'm glad to hear that it sometimes works well, but I think that we will
think twice (three, four, etc.) times before using ebay.

Madeline
Madeline A. Copp, Resource Services Librarian
(English * Film & Media Studies * Writing Seminars * Humanities Center)
Milton S. Eisenhower Library
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218