Re: Brave New World

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:49:24 -0800 (PST)

--MS_Mac_OE_3092924748_32016128_MIME_Part

I took a quick peek at this and FYI it is a BOOTLEG video not a legal copy.
It is
an NTSC transfer of PAL copy put in box with xeroxed box cover. You can tell
because the box has the British rating code on it which is the dead give
away on these. In fact it appears
that EVERYTHING the guy is selling is a pirate videos. Most are UK titles
and sadly these rights holders either don't care or can't be bothered.

eBay can be a great source for rare out of print videos but there are
literally thousands
of bootlegs listed everyday. As a rule if the title has NEVER been released
in the US
it is a bootleg with the rare exception of Canadian imports. There is a guy
who sells lots of rare stuff from Montreal but no sub titles.

Buyer Beware

Jessica ( spoilsport) Rosner

--

Kino International 333 W 39th St. 503 NY NY 10018 jrosner@kino.com

From: Julie Dinkins <dinkins@SONOMA.EDU> Reply-To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:39:08 -0800 (PST) To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Re: Brave New World

I don't know if you are able to purchase from ebay. But, there is a copy for auction there: http://cgi.ebay.netscape.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1402888669

Julie Dinkins | dinkins@sonoma.edu | 664-4077 Multimedia Dept Manager User Technical Support Coordinator University Library at Sonoma State University http://libweb.sonoma.edu/

Happy New Year! I have a prof looking for the above title that features Leonard Nimoy and was produced (she says) in the mid 90s. We have searched the usual sources and have come up empty. WorldCat credits Don Wigatou Productions and Studios USA Picture for publication, but we cannot find contact info for them. I would appreciate any info on whether this title is available or contact info for a current distributor. Thanks in advance, Gail B. Fedak Manager, Instructional Media Resources Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TN 37132 phone 615-898-2740 fax 615-898-2530 email gfedak@mtsu.edu

<mailto:gfedak@mtsu.edu>

--MS_Mac_OE_3092924748_32016128_MIME_Part Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

Re: Brave New World I took a quick peek at this and FYI it is a BOOTLEG video not a legal copy.= It is