Re: Special awards screeners

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:30:32 -0800 (PST)

--------------97E1D2E83FF506B87C9DF31E

The answer previously was a fairly unanimous NO. These are manufactured
purely for review purposes in advance of awards nominations and are not
supposed to go any further than the recipient. It is the same with
promotional copies of CD's and even commercially released videos - if
the copy is marked as a review or preview or promotional copy, then it
is not legal to pass it on for money or as a donation. Rarely do they
ask for these things back, but technically that copy still belongs to
the studio.

--
John Holland
Librarian

--------------97E1D2E83FF506B87C9DF31E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> The answer previously was a fairly unanimous NO. These are manufactured purely for review purposes in advance of awards nominations and are not supposed to go any further than the recipient. It is the same with promotional copies of CD's and even commercially released videos - if the copy is marked as a review or preview or promotional copy, then it is not legal to pass it on for money or as a donation. Rarely do they ask for these things back, but technically that copy still belongs to the studio.