RE: Glory and Amistad supplements

McLaughlin, Katherine (Katherine.McLaughlin@trincoll.edu)
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 06:12:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi

The Connecticut Historical Society has a documentary video and workbook.
Amistad - A Revolt
"All we want is to be free"
$39.95

Attn: Jill Padelford
CHS
One Elizabeth Street
Hartford, CT 06105

(860) 236-5621

http://www.chs.org/exhib/amistad.htm
We have it in our collection and find it very helpful.

Katie McLaughlin
Media Collection Manager
Trinity College Library
(860) 297-2576

-----Original Message-----
From: Threatt, Monique L [mailto:mthreatt@indiana.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 5:21 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Glory and Amistad supplements

Hi Diane,

I'm on my way out the door, but I do know that a documentary was made that
chronicled the real soldiers behind Glory:

Massachusetts 54th Colored Infantry -- Shearer, 1991

Also, a few years ago when Amistad came out, Spielberg's company discussed
sending out a supplement to compliment the film. I remember doing a search
in OCLC, and a school in Boston had some information--but it was dated
before the film came out.

I believe the real Amistad Museum/Center in New Orleans. Tomorrow I can do
some in-depth searching and get back with you.
--Monique Threatt