RE: Fast Forward Media Showcase

Susan Weber (sweber@langara.bc.ca)
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:10:42 -0800 (PST)

I'll answer this to the whole list intentionally, for everyone's eyes.

Fast Forward is like a trade show for educational media. We have purposely
organized it for those of us who do the buying: media librarians, school media
centre coordinators, teacher librarians are all on the organizing committee.
Each company who pays their exhibit fees brings or rents equipment so that
attendees sit down with headphones and view as much or as little of a program/
CD-ROM/video/interactive site to make an evaluation.

We don't have a conference that goes on concurrently. So each participant
views only what they want to view, when they want to view it. There is no
preset schedule when specific programs are projected in a theatre, for example.

If you are interested in being an exhibitor at the show, we have an information
package. It isn't expensive. The travel,hotel, etc. will be the costly part.

Susan

At 06:38 AM 01/12/13, NEWIST wrote:
>Good morning.
>How do we get videos shown at the Media Showcase?
>
>We are new to this list; NEWIST/CESA 7 produces and distributes videos on
>social issues and diversity. Our programming has received numerous
>television production awards, including the Midwest Emmy, Aurora Platinum
>Best of Show, CINE Golden Eagle, Parents' Choice Approval, and more. We have
>a website, www.uwgb.edu/newist if anyone wants to see what we offer.
>
>Thanks for any information you can give me.
>
>Sincerely,
>Jo Mellen
>Assistant Director
>NEWIST/CESA 7
>2420 Nicolet Drive, IS 1040
>Green Bay WI 54311
>
>920-465-2599
>800-633-7445
>newist@uwgb.edu
>Internet service provided by NetNet of Green Bay