Re: public performance

Jean Hewlett (
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:33:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Wendy
You might want to look into MPLC (Motion Picture Licensing Corporation).
They provide an umbrella license to nonprofit groups for public
performance of videos.

For more information, see their website at or phone

Some of our member libraries are considering joining, and I was just
about to post a question to videolib asking if anyone had experience
with them when I saw your message.

Please let me know if you find out anything else interesting. I'll do
the same.

Jean Hewlett
North Bay Cooperative Library System, Santa Rosa CA

Wendy Ensor wrote:
> Our Children's Librarian is looking for a list of movies with public
> performance rights that can be show at programs like "Family Fun
> Night." So far all we are finding is information on the laws. Any
> ideas?
> Thanks for your help.
> Wendy
> --
> ********************************************************
> Wendy Ensor Reference Librarian
> Orrville Public Library 330-683-1065
> 230 North Main St 330-683-1984 (fax)
> Orrville OH 44667