RE: Herr Arnes pengar

Karsten, Eileen (EKarsten@Northpark.edu)
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 07:38:50 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for your help.

Eileen Karsten
Head of Technical Services
North Park University
Brandel Library
3225 W. Foster Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
1-773-244-5585
ekarsten@northpark.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: delin@zlb.de [mailto:delin@zlb.de]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 6:17 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Herr Arnes pengar

Dear Eileen,

according Gobble's Complete Index to World Film it's the same title,
made by Mauritz Stiller in 1919. There doesn't exist another film with a
similar title made at this period. Different title versions are: Sir
Arne's Treasure, The treasure of Arne, Snows of Destiny (UK) and Three
who were doomed (US). Length was 2219 m = 7280 ft. So the version of 106
min. seems to be the complete one according to a projection speed of 18
frames per sec. for silent film. The other one probably is edited.

With kind regards

Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html