Re: Herr Arnes pengar

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:20:46 -0800 (PST)

Dear Eileen,

according Gobble's Complete Index to World Film it's the same title,
made by Mauritz Stiller in 1919. There doesn't exist another film with a
similar title made at this period. Different title versions are: Sir
Arne's Treasure, The treasure of Arne, Snows of Destiny (UK) and Three
who were doomed (US). Length was 2219 m = 7280 ft. So the version of 106
min. seems to be the complete one according to a projection speed of 18
frames per sec. for silent film. The other one probably is edited.

With kind regards

Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html