RE: Academic Libraries Funding question

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:20:59 -0800 (PST)

While I doubt this will help Stephen's case, at ASU West we do not structure
acquisitions budgeting along formats.

There is an acquisitions budget which is used for all materials: monographs,
serials, electronic subscriptions, and media. We maintain separate budgets
for ILL and Document Delivery, however.

I seem to recall that Kris's research shows that institutions that provide
separate budget lines for media spend a larger percentage of the budget on
media acquisitions. But I think ASU West is the exception that proves the
rule.

deg farrelly, Associate Librarian
Media/Communications Studies/Women's Studies
Arizona State University West
P.O. Box 37100
Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
Phone: 602.543.8522