Re: El Otro Franciso, and trilogy on VHS

Jane Agee (Jane_Agee@valhalla.oit.duke.edu)
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 10:00:02 -0800 (PST)

We've attempted to secure Sergio Giral's films, and found they are
difficult to secure. I, too, would be interested if anyone has had any
success in locating other Giral films.
El Otro Francisco is distributed by New Yorker Films, 16 West 61st St., NY,
NY 10023, (212) 247-6110.
The other source for two Sergio Giral films is the Latin American
Film Archives (LAVA), www.lavavideo.org. They distribute "Un Relato Sobre
el Jefe de la Columna 4" and "Placido: The Blood of the Poet." The latter
film is also available from Facets.
After trying to contact Giral without success, LAVA attempted to
secure films for us and concluded that they were tied up in Cuban copyright
and politics. We have not tried using a Cuban vendor.
.

Best, Jane

Jane Agee,
Film & Video Librarian