RE: Walt Disney World video

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 06:17:09 -0800 (PST)

I have also tried to obtain any Walt Disney World travel videos. It's
impossible to get any cooperation from them. I've even called Florida and
they give me the run around. I called an 800 number and was passed from
office to office till I finally ended up back at the first person I talked
too!
STOP LAUGHING, THIS REALLY HAPPENED TO ME! :-)
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Nancy Miller
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 11:46 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Walt Disney World video

I've been looking for travel guide type videos on Walt Disney World without
much success. A member of our staff went to Disney World's website and
ordered a free video entitled: "100 Years of Magic: Walt Disney World."

After viewing the video, I decided it had appropriate information for
inclusion in our circulating collection, but before having our cataloging
department process it, I'm wondering if there might be any restrictions on
using it in this manner.

The back of the package states: "Liscensed for private home exhibition only.
Any public performance, copying, or other use is strictly prohibited."

Any advice or thoughts on putting something like this in a circulating
collection?

As always, thanks in advance for your advice and collective wisdom.

Nancy

Nancy M. Miller
Collection Development Librarian
Virginia Beach Public Library