Re: Walt Disney World video

Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:16:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Nancy,

The Disney disclaimer is the standard boilerplate copyright warning. It does
not prohibit you from circulating the tape. And the fact that it's "free"
makes no difference as to how it can be used.

Best,

Randy

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380
Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
Web: www.videolibrarian.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy Miller" <NMILLER@vbgov.com>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 8:45 AM
Subject: Walt Disney World video

> I've been looking for travel guide type videos on Walt Disney World
without much success. A member of our staff went to Disney World's website
and ordered a free video entitled: "100 Years of Magic: Walt Disney World."

> After viewing the video, I decided it had appropriate information for
inclusion in our circulating collection, but before having our cataloging
department process it, I'm wondering if there might be any restrictions on
using it in this manner.

> The back of the package states: "Liscensed for private home exhibition
only. Any public performance, copying, or other use is strictly
prohibited."