RE: Need Information!

Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:31:27 -0800 (PST)

I'm afraid I must disagree, Elaine. I've been in this business for over a
quarter century now--in the media bus for a good part of that (I also
taught media librarianship at UCB for ten years). I've found that
collegial networking and the advice of peers are often the most effective
and timely means of getting the scoop on particular issues and resources.
I think Don is to be commended for his initiative and creativity in looking
for answers: it's how the real world generally works these days.

At 07:55 AM 11/02/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Don:
>I teach a Masters Course in Library and Information Science. I would
>expect my students to research those topics for themselves so they would
>learn who the distributors of media products are. Although we certainly
>ask each other for assistance on various topics on this list, I think
>your professor probably would prefer you research this information
>yourself as a learning exercise.
>
>Elaine J. Vitali
>Media Services Librarian
>Fanshawe College Library