Re: Kitty Genovese movie

Philip Alan Hallman (phallman@umich.edu)
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:08:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

There is a well know documentary called "When Will People Help?: The
Social Psychology of Bystander Intervention" that is about this incident.

I believe this is still available for purchase through Harcourt Brace
Jovanovich in New York. If not, perhaps one of the rental libraries that
are still around, such as Penn State, have it for rental.

There was a made-for-tv movie that was part of the ABC Tuesday Movie of
the Week that was based on this incident as well. It is called "Death
Scream" or is sometimes refered to as "The Woman Who Cried Murder". It
was made well before the
video revolution and I doubt that it was ever released on the home video
market.

Philip Hallman
University of Michigan
Program in Film/Video Studies