Re: Faculty paying (or not) for lost or damaged expensive

Lorraine (llklok@hkucc.hku.hk)
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:46:21 -0700 (PDT)

Here in the University of Hong Kong Libraries, we charge client (regardless
of status) for loss and damage. We give them options: either to buy the
visual materials back themselves or pay the Libraries to buy back the
materials which also includes a certain sum of administrative cost. So far
so good as this policy is consistent with that for books. We don't care
who loses or damages it. As long as it is returned in such state, the
person checked it out last is be held responsible.

Lorraine Lok
AV Librarian
University of Hong Kong Libraries
Pokfulam Road