Re: Waiting for Godot

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:32:30 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Francis,

there doesn't seem to exist any video of this performance(i.e. not found
in WorldCat).

But there seem to be included some clips of the performance you are
searching for in this production (Steve Martin is mentioned):
http://samuel-beckett.net/global.html

Others have searched for the same title. Here are some more infos:
http://www.ncte.org/lists/ncte-talk/mar98/msg01184.html

But I suppose the performance took place in New York in 1988. It was an
off-Broadway production. Here is a source of a review of this
performance:
The New York Review of Books
December 8, 1988
Play It Again, Sam
By Denis Donoghue

Waiting for Godot
a play by Samuel Beckett, directed by Mike Nichols
Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater, Lincoln Center, New York City

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin