Re: Agriculture/farming videos

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:55:42 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Elsa,

after all there is still another source for agriculture and gardening
videos in the U.S. (NTSC format):
http://www.acburke.com/

Here are some sources in the PAL regions:

Videos from "Universität für Bodenkultur" in Vienna (in german, but
films of the scientific type):
http://zidweb.boku.ac.at/index.php?id=avp_videopr_liste

Viburnum Gardens in Australia (more gardening and horticulture than
agriculture):
http://www.viburnum-gardens.com.au/

Another promising possibility is to search the AVANCE database of the
BUFVC (British University Film and Video Council)
http://www.bufvc.ac.uk/
Please select DATABASES and then AVANCE. With a keyword search e.g.
"agriculture" (medium: video) you will find several distributors for
agriculture videos offered in the U.K. and worldwide (mostly with their
adresses and websites).

Further distributors are here:
http://www.landsmans.co.uk/videos.htm (most parts of their website are
still under construction)
http://www.ptvideo.com/videos/Farming/
http://www.ciwf.co.uk/Pubs/Videos/ciwf_videos.htm (compassion in animal
transport etc.)

Here is a distributor of agriculture videos in dutch language (perhaps
useful for your institution, although the dutch way of agriculture is
not the ecologigal one...)
http://www.stoas.nl/ (see "catalogus", adress is under "Stoa Group")

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat