Re: Whatever happened to Enzo Staiola?

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:20:27 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Jean,

I have checked several resources and I didn't find really anything about
Enzo Staiola (or Stajola). I think there doesn't exist any book or
journal article about Staiola and their seems to be nothing on the
internet. Perhaps one might find something in books or articles about
child actors.

I think the best way to get information about him is to contact Enzo
Staiola himself. If he is still alive he is 62 years old today (When he
played Bruno in "Bicycle Thieves"(1948) he was nine years old).

In any case in december 1995 Enzo Staiola took part in a presentation
of a book and a CD "Music and Cinema - the italian neorealism" in Rome
as one of several historical personalities of neorealism.

This meeting has been organised by CAM - Creazioni artistiche e musicali
Here is their adress: http://www.cinemaitalia.com/fellini/musica.html
Perhaps they know how to contact Enzo Staiola.

If he still lives in Rome this might be his adress and telephone number:
Staiola, Enzo
P. Albini Augusto 5
00154 Roma RM
Italy
Tel: +390651600351

This is the source of the italian press agency ANSA, where I have found
the information about the book presentation:
http://www.didattica.it/ansa/0048.html

Un'operazione promossa per la prima volta nella storia
dell'editoria cinematografica-musicale relativa al neorealismo
e' stata presentata a Roma con il Libro & Cd ''Musica e cinema -
il neorealismo italiano'' con la partecipazione di numerosi
''personaggi storici'' che con le loro testimonianze hanno fatto
rivivere l'atmosfera di quegli anni.
L'iniziativa e' della Cam (Creazioni artistiche e musicali)
che con la partecipazione di Francesca Campi e di Alberto
Lattuada, Carlo Lizzani, Suso Cecchi D'Amico, Ugo Pirro, Enzo
Serafin, Enzo Staiola , Giuliano Montaldo e del maestro Andrea
Ridolfi hanno discusso del neorealismo e dell'importanza delle
colonne sonore nei film.

His last film was made in 1977 (not in the IMDb)
La ragazza dal pigiama giallo
Regia: Flavio Mogherini
Cast: Ray Milland, Dalila Di Lazzaro, Michele Placido, Mel Ferrer
Howard Ross , Enzo Staiola
http://kwcinema.play.kataweb.it/templates/kwc_template_2col/0,4858,11123-schedafilm,00.html

If you don't succeed to contact Enzio Staiola directly try the library
of the CINETECA NAZIONALE in Rome
http://www.snc.it/bibliotecaeditoria/bibliotecaeditoria.asp
They collect all information about italian film history and they
preserve the films. Perhaps they have italian newspaper clipping files.

With kind regards

Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
http://www.zlb.de/index.html