RE: Dove/NewStar Media

Cartford@jcl.lib.ks.us
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:34:01 -0700 (PDT)

Maurine,

Dove/NewStar went out of business a few years back. Rights to their titles
went to two companies, New Millennium Audio and Audio Literature. Audio
Literature will be re-releasing former Dove titles under the Phoenix Audio
imprint. For details, phone numbers are New Millennium: 310-273-7722 and
Audio Literature: 650-583-9700. Neither one has a web site that I can find.
Hope this leads you in the right direction.

Peter

Peter Cartford
AV Librarian
Johnson County Library
9875 W. 87th St.
Overland Park, KS 66212
913-495-2496
cartford@jcl.lib.ks.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurine Canarsky [mailto:maurine.canarsky@fnsb.lib.ak.us]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 8:55 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Dove/NewStar Media

Dear Media Persons:

We are having trouble locating what used to be Dove Audio and what we think
is now NewStarDoveAudio or NewStar Media, Inc.

When we call the phone number listed for NewStar Media listed in
BooksinPrint + and do any of the voice mail choices, we either get a message
saying they are disconnected or an endless busy signal. We also tried their
various web sites, newstarmedia.com and audiouniverse.com to no avail.

Does anyone know what has happened to them? We have patron requests for
tapes published by them and would like to know if we can try somewhere else
for their inventory.

Thanks in advance,
Maurine Canarsky
Media Librarian