Re: Beneath the Veil

clewis@american.edu
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:09:13 -0700 (PDT)

A professor here at AU requested Beneath the Veil a few weeks ago so when
it was on this past weekend we taped it off-air. It's a Channel 4
production (BBC?) and the only copy in OCLC is at UC Santa Cruz acquired
from CNN. The program focuses on much of the same information gathered on
the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan website
(www.rawa.org ) including footage of an execution of a women in the center
of a football field. I don't think it is commercially available yet.

Christopher Lewis
American University Library
Media Librarian
202.885.3257

It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your
neighbour's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

Judie Porter
<porterj@ride.ri.ne To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
t> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: Beneath the Veil
videolib@library.be
rkeley.edu

10/01/01 01:17 PM
Please respond to
videolib

One more question:
We found Beyond the Veil in the Films for the Humanities catalog and the
title is 'Beyond the Veil: Are Iranian Women Rebelling." This is 22 minutes
long and interviews Islamic scholars. Is there another video called 'Beyond
the Veil: Afghan Women under Fundamentalism' also in Films for the
Humanities? I'm not finding that.
Are they the same and cover both countries??
Was the CNN video definitely Afghanistan? I didn't actually see
it, but
that's what I was told. Thank you for your help so far.
judith porter