Re: Beneath the Veil

Patrick Walsh (patrick.walsh@films.com)
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 08:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Judith,

I'm not sure if this is the same program but the title is very similar so I
thought I would post it. It's available from Films for the Humanities &
Sciences (pricing below.)

Behind the Veil: Afghan Women under Fundamentalism
For women living in Afghanistan under repressive Taliban rule, beatings,
rape, and enslavement are commonplace occurrences. This gripping program
describes the massive human rights abuses that have been escalating since
the withdrawal of Soviet forces, as seen through the eyes of women who have
survived years of rampant gender and religious intolerance--so far.
Resistance activities carried out by women's groups inside the country are
also documented, as they fight for freedom and democracy. Some content may
be objectionable. (26 minutes, color)
#EYA12113 Video: $129 Rental: $75

Patrick Walsh
Films for the Humanities & Sciences