Re: Backup Copies Possible

Marlene (marlene@amcmedia.com)
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 07:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lorraine and All:

Having been the educational sales director in the past at the Evergreen
Video, Cinema Guild and Women Make Movies I thought I'd unlurk and put in my
two cents. At both the Cinema Guild and Women Make Movies you can purchase
a second copy for a deeply discounted price. You can also purchase a
replacement at an even deeper discount generally. Some companies also will
occasionally sign a document which indicates your intensions to make one
backup copy of the original tape and keep the original in your archive only
to be circulated if the copy you've made is damaged or lost. You have to
speak to each company. Most will try to accommodate whatever will further
the teaching process without costing them too much in sales revenue. I hope
this info. is helpful.

Sincerely,
Marlene
Advanced Media Concepts

> From: Lorraine <llklok@hkucc.hku.hk>
> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:39:47 -0700 (PDT)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Backup copies possible?
>
> Dear ALL,
>
> I would like to hear from you if it is possible/legal to request for a
> backup copy of any AV materials whenever I place order for our library?
If