Re: Live news

Francis C Poole (fpoole@UDel.Edu)
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

Gary...You're probably right. I called the LC Office of Copyright and
the person I spoke with couldn't or wouldn't answer my question...but did
refer me to something about "works consisting of information that is
entirely public property." Whether a TV feed from a network pool
would be "public property" or not, especially if it was video of
armageddon, is debatable I guess. I'll be in NY next Monday at the
Copyright
Town Meeting at the NYPL...so maybe can bring it up then. Thanks.

Francis Poole