Re: Legal definitions of face-to-face teaching and public performance

Mark Richie (Media2@bellatlantic.net)
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

Karsten:

Get a copy of the Copyright Law with "additional views" from the
Superintendent of Documents, Washington DC. or check your goverment
docs librarian if they already have a copy, or call you local
congressperson and ask them them to get you your own copy gratis (your
tax dollars at work). The Copy I have says Report No. 94-1476.

The regular Copyright Law publication for Title 17 - Copyrights, PL
94-553 is about an eighth of an inch thick. The edition with
"additional views" is about 2/3 of an inch. It contains about 80 pages
of definitions and section by section explinations of what the wording
in each section means. (Sectional Analysis and Discussion, pg 50).

Providing copies of these pages to teachers has deflected many
complaints and arguments over the years.

As far as I know these additional comments are not available with the
on line versions.

Mark Richie