Re: Legal definitions of face-to-face teaching and public performance

Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:12:01 -0700 (PDT)

The definition is in Section 110.1. I don't know exactly what the
professor is looking for, but teacher and students must be "in a classroom
or similar place devoted to instruction." Take a look at the actual
wording on the Copyright Management web site:

http://www.iupui.edu/~copyinfo/sec110.html

-- Kris

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Karsten, Eileen wrote:

> Dear CW,
>
> In regards to the education exemptions for face-to-face teaching and public
> performance, is there a book or site that gives legal definitions of these
> terms? A faculty member wants to see them in black and white. Thank you
> in advance for any help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Eileen Karsten
> Head of Technical Services
> North Park University
> Brandel Library
> 3225 W. Foster Ave.
> Chicago, IL 60625
> ekarsten@northpark.edu

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405