RE: World Video

Hornbeck, Patty (hornbeck@jaguar.middlebury.edu)
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:37:58 -0700 (PDT)

If you can use PAL format videos, my advice is to contact the Consulate
General of Spain in New York: 150 E. 58th St., Fl.30, NYC 10155-3097, phone
212/355-4080, to ask where the regional office closest to you is -- ours is
in Boston. Then call that office and request free video materials from
Spain. This year, we received two documentary series: from the Spanish TV
series A fondo, 14 one-hour interviews with famous 20th century authors, and
a series about the travel and culture of Spain narrated by Spanish writers
called Esta es mi tierra. We have also been lucky enough to receive
first-run movies from Spain on 35mm from the consulate, which we screen and
return to the consulate.
Patricia Hornbeck
Middlebury College
Sunderland Language Center