Re: Searching for videos

Patrick Walsh (patrick.walsh@films.com)
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 08:57:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Barbara,

Films for the Humanities & Sciences runs a separate catalog devoted to
Middle East Studies. For modern Arab life specifically, we have some new
titles:

"The Media and Democracy in the Arab World" (11205)
"Under One Sky: Arab Women in North America Talk About the Hijab" (10688)
"Beyond Borders: Arab Feminists Talk About Their Lives" (10687)

For your convenience, I've included the catalog numbers after the titles
if you wanted to read a description of the films on our Web site
www.films.com

Hope these prove helpful. Cheers!

Patrick Walsh

Films for the Humanities & Sciences
patrick.walsh@films.com
www.films.com
----------
>From: Barbara Koeller <bkoeller@mc3.edu>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: Searching for videos
>Date: Mon, Aug 27, 2001, 9:28 AM
>

> I am trying to locate recent videos on the following two subjects - - can
> anyone help?
>
> 1) Arab culture - - could be a documentary or a feature film, any
> video that illustrates modern Arab life.
>
> We already own the Bill Moyers series on The Arab World and
> also Leila, directed by D. Mehrjui.
>
> 2) For a CPR/First Aid course - - we have an instructor who is
looking
> for a video that would visually "put her students into an
emergency