Re: Fwd: help, please, Gary

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:17:02 -0700 (PDT)

Bruce Conner has made it absolutely clear that he has not found a lab that
will do his work in the way he sees fit. Therefore, no new prints of his
films will be made.

Basically, we have a situation where the artist/copyright owner makes
decisions that impact a whole bunch of people. It's his work and he can do
whatever he wants with it whether we agree or not.

Oksana

At 11:32 AM 8/24/01 -0700, you wrote:

>>I have a film studies prof here who would like to procure a copy
>>of Bruce Conner's experimental film A Movie. He was actually
>>hoping that a DVD version had been put out, but I've been
>>unable to even find it even on VHS.
>>
>>I know that Facets used to carry Bruce Conner Films 1, and that
>>this contained A Movie, but that's no longer available. Do any of
>>you film buffs know of something I'm missing? Is it included in
>>some other collection of experimental films, for instance?
>>
>>Bruce at Facets--any plans you know of to re-release this set?
>>
>>TIA for any help you can provide.
>>
>>Susan
>>

>>Susan Albrecht
>>Library Acquisitions
>>Wabash College Lilly Library
>>Crawfordsville, IN
>>albrechs@wabash.edu
>>***"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
>> -- Geddy Lee***
>
>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000
>510-643-8566
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-7622
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8