Re: THE EXILES

Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmmm...don't know about the UC Center for Media... The "Exiles" carried
by UCMIL has the following description:
This classic film depicts an anguished but
typical night in the lives of three young
American Indians who have left the
reservation to live in downtown Los
Angeles.

If this person is talking about Richard Kaplan's film on immigre artists
and scientists, it's available in home video from FACETS et al.

At 05:22 PM 08/23/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Videolib People:
>
>Can any of you help out this person who came to our co-op web site
>http://www.docuseek.com looking for THE EXILES?
>
>I will forward your responses to him at zonn@unc.edu, or you could send them
>directly to him.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
> John Hoskyns-Abrahall
>
> >Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:11:07 -0400
> >From: Leo Zonn <zonn@unc.edu>
> >To: webster@docuseek.com
> >Subject: Looking for a Film
> >
> >I am looking for a documentary film called The Exiles, which is a 1961
> >or 62 film that deals with American Indian youth in Los Angeles.
> >
> >Any chance of finding a copy?
> >
> >--
> >*************************
> >Dr. Leo Zonn
> >Professor and Chair
> >Department of Geography
> >University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
> >Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3220
> >
> >phone: 919-962-3877
> >fax: 919-962-1537
> >
> >zonn@unc.edu